Friday, September 13, 2013

Presenting: English Toffee Bark

English Toffee Bark


No, I haven't forgotten you.

I regret dedicating this month to desserts, not because I don't want to feature them, but because I didn't plan very well. Don't worry, I recently added to my arsenal of kitchen gadgets and will have more for you next week. After all, this really isn't a composed dessert; just a type of candy.

Like some other dishes I've published here, this appeared on my first website. It accompanied my coffee liqueur gift I publish last Christmas and I even had a small side project a couple of years ago selling some. I'm considering doing so again this year, so I'll only give you the ingredient list of white granulated sugar, unsalted butter, vanilla extract, kosher salt, water, semi-sweet chocolate and almonds.

I was also able to find the picture I took in the autumn of 2010 and wanted to improve it.


3 comments:

  1. Oh...a lady at my husband's grandmother's church used to bring something similar to the Thanksgiving feast each year. Grams has since passed so we won't be going any more...but now we'll be able to make it at home. Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely toffee........U have a nice recipes in ur space.Happy to follow u in GFC.would be glad if u follow me back..........
    x❤x❤
    http://indianveggiesbhojan.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new photo of the toffee (I want to reach into my screen to grab that plate!). I always love seeing how far I've come with my photography skills too. Some of my earlier photos make me cringe in embarrassment but you live 'n learn, right? I can't wait to see what else you whip up for your dessert series.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is always welcomed. If you're going to be critical, be constructive. In other words, be nice.